Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Good Morning Team Awesome...

Please take note of when this is posted.. I slept all night.....Thank you God! 

I needed that sleep so badly. We take it for granted just go to bed close your eyes and sleep. It's not that easy for many many people. Then especially when you're feeling you have to sleep and rest, it's all you want to do but cant. Not sure if it was the getting of the news about the drug..or "The Champagne Casino Shenanigans" or my radiation is finally hit me with the exhaustion I was expecting, but I slept.... hallelujah I slept. I actually to force my self out of bed to get up and get going here.....

I have a busy day again, I will be speaking at Loyalist college and be involved in the Poverty Challenge. It is an amazing day that will teach a lot of people about the truth of poverty. These young adults will be given snippets of my life to live for a day, have challenges presented to them and figure out how to survive and day in the life of me....at the end of the day I am introduced as the real HOPE, and tell them how I did it It is extensively emotional and eye opening as they do not know the whole day that I am with them that this person is real let alone in the room with them listening to their comments and judgments of how someone could get themselves in these positions. There is about 6-8 of us who share our story with these kids. I did it in May and was extremely blessed and touched as you see where they start int eh morning with there thoughts of poverty and for people ( lazy, stupid, unmotivated and by the end of the day it changes to resourceful, courageous, hard working, smart..etc) It is a blessing to be involved. It will be a long day but I hope to get through it...My cousinShari Jarvis will be with me for the day to help me out.

So, yesterday recap......
1. The government approved me being able to take the drug..
2. Brad Woody Stone, insurance company has agreed to pay 100% of this drug with no limits on our plan ( means I can take it forever if needed) we just pay the prescription fee.
3.( Things get fuzzy here but to me are not really that important after 1 and 2..)there were several calls when I got home yesterday from doctors hospitals, etc so I'm still booked for chemo on Friday???until I hear something different and am booked next Wednesday for more tests and to see Dr Rothenstien my Chemical oncologist, so I don't know if I still have to do 1 round of chemo for the government. Then start on my drug next Wednesday. This I have to clear up...but just details...
4. I learned that the mutant gene that I have that only 3% of people with lung cancer get it and it is a really really good thing to have... this is what it is called "Anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) fusion oncogene positive non-small cell lung cancer" Essentially they have targeted that the ALK gene is the gene that turns the engine of the cancer cells on and off.. All research and drugs and good things are happening with this gene and that more treatments and cures are happening with this gene then any other lung cancer advancement. So being in the 3% is the best thing that could have ever happened to me... go figure....
5. I crossed off something on my bucket list.....We rented a limo ( everyone chipped in which was nice) and I had a driver and went to Gananoque Casino ( now not really anything I am into don`t like spending money at all but I wanted something silly and fun)and we did. There was 8 in total. 7 lovely ladies and John, Donna Margaret Duncan husband alias ( East coast Johnny) he works at SPELMER CHRYSLER in Trenton and has the biggest heart in the world. ( if you need a vehicle go to him he is a great guy and will help you out) He looked after us and entertained us. The casino was amazing. They met us at the front door (3 of the officials) greeted us and made us VIP S. ( even though we didn't have the bank roll....lol) They gave me gifts bags at the end of the day we had a private table for black jack and a teacher and the manager kept tabs on us even when we went to eat, making sure everything was fine and that I was a great day...We laughed and had fun. I never spent a nickle there was always chips in front of me although I was winning most of the time. We started with 2 bottles of Champagne and then we got as far as Nappanee and stopped at the liquor store and bought another 5 bottles of Champagne and whiskey and beer.. Then we got pulled over by a unhappy police officer just looking for a reason to write a ticket, and he did and then gave me some attitude about drinking in the morning..I didn't even get a chance to play the `C` and tell him we were on a bucket list day, he wasn't worth it and we were laughing and thinking this was a great thing.....

So I felt so blessed yesterday and God did make a way where there seemed to be no way.....I knew if I left him alone he`d figure it out....lol

I had already won the big prize before we even went to the casino. A chance.....
A chance to fight, and live a little longer, and maybe revoke my bucket list again and have another stab at crossing something off of it.......and beat this F*?/ing disease.....

Thank you for all your prayers and love you are my Balcony People and My TEAM AWESOME``... I'm thinking we need theme music.....any suggestions......

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! Yay!!! you go girl!
    As for theme music - how about that song from the first Rocky movie (or maybe the second?) where he runs up those stairs?

    ReplyDelete