![]() |
| Moms tattoo |
![]() |
| Comic relief |
![]() |
| Suzette's tattoo |
| 6 am good byes with Rob ... |
![]() |
| Rutgers tattoo |
Well you can see by all the crazy random pictures last night we had our Tattoo party here. It was a great night of tribute love and family... It is very humbling and powerful to be memorialized this way and my heart was touched and I felt again so blessed to have these people in my life.
I was worried about my mom getting her tattoo as she is 67 and her skin is thinner, I didn't want her to feel pain and hurt but man she was a trouper stating "I have had two kids the natural way I can do this"...lol she was first up and was a shinning example of strength, courage, adventure and a mother's love for her daughter... Again, she touched me deeply.. She went through with it and was a force to be reckoned with, as she finished she then said that's not so bad I think I want one on my foot now..lol. I think we might yet see a gramma sleeve...lol I think she got the ink bug..lol But her tattoo did turn out beautiful and I was very proud of her, it is a beautiful dragon fly with my name down the center for the body. Next my big beautiful sister Suzette Earhart , she got a lovely beautiful butterfly with the cancer ribbon as it's body in purple of course..again turned out amazing.. Next my sonRutger Chase Männik had his done and I think it made me cry the most, see he is my adopted son and his mom died, she was one of my best friends and my biggest balcony person ever, I owe her so much... anyway she passed away Jan 17 2005 at 8:37 in the evening a night I will never forget. I was honoured that he chose to put my name under his moms tattoo. My heart broke so badly that he will have to loss his second mom and that is not fair on so many levels.. I love this boy more that my heart can speak and he brings me so much joy by just walking though my door (and usually tripping or falling up the stairs with oops I'm bad...lol) but that's my Rutger and there is no second mold and I am so proud to be the one to see him grow into a wonderful person who can almost grow a mustache...lol So, he chose the christian fish symbol with my name in it..on his heart just below his moms name...Next, my oldest girl Jaime Rikki Wilson, who loves all things nerdy and cartoony and I would have her no other way. One of the gifts I gave her as a little girl was a care bear so when we found the care bear with the cancer ribbon, there was no choice, again in lavender. ( not sure if I ever shared why I chose lavender as my cancer ribbon colour, so here is the scoop.) The actual colour for lung cancer is white...Really white... I don't do white, anyone who knows me knows I don't do white. My storeVivacious, is deep purple and full of life and colour and it is power, strength and royalty (side bar), so when I was studying the other colours represented by cancer I came across the lavender ribbon which represents all cancers and my choice was made. I don't want to be defined by lung cancer as there is a negative connotation with it, (I NEVER SMOKED so no I don't deserve it). No one deserves any cancer, you know lung cancer kills more woman than breast and ovarian. The first signs of lung cancer extreme fatigue and exhaustion and is hitting woman between 40 and 55 . go figure, any woman out there tired and going through menopause??? wonder why so many are being misdiagnosed.....oops I digress again.. so back to my daughter... her tattoo turned out beautiful and was very painful, she is a tiny little thing with not much meat on her even though she choose to place it on her leg. It really hurt her, so she still is putting my name on it and having a little bit of a touch up later, but it was again amazingly well done and turned out better than I hoped for. My other 2 sons weren't able to make it, so we will be having another party ( if all works out) in 2 weeks approx so if you do want a tattoo please let me know and we will book you in. Rob Stewart is very responsible extremely professional and talented man. BTW did I mention that I believe that God sent him... Yes I do.. He came from St Thomas all the way here, packed his whole shop up beds and every piece of equipment chair etc to do this for me. My big sissy arranged it with him thank you again Suzette. I felt an instant likeness and connection with him and then found out that his dad use to be the minister of the church at where I came to know the Lord 30 years ago in st Thomas at Faith Baptist Church. Coincidence I think not.. we shared some stories and there again was that instant connection. I know God has put this man in my path not sure for his benefit or mine but I'd like to think it was a mutual blessing that will stay forever. God has a way of doing stuff like that and you may just never know how the connection is important but I have a loving God and he know the plans.. so I trust him...Thank you again Rob I could not even begin to think who else could have played in this very important night for me and my family....and I expect more visits when my hubby is home so you can come play with your brother in our music room...
so tats done,,,, working on a buck list, and have some wonderful friends visiting me today,,,but yet another goodbye which I do not look forward to cause you just never know.. My big sissy is leaving me today, and I am sad and will miss her so much. How can someone who has not been in your life for years come to be so important to you so quickly. Well that is my sister Suzette and I love her and I will miss her this week especially when my mind is full of shenanigans... but when she comes back boy oh boy.....there will be shenanigans... so I will say so long and not good bye but I promise to hold her extra hard and squeeze any extra energy from her ( but I will be careful not take all her energy so she does not dry up)...lol
So good night all in all.....
So it was a good night, it will be a good day and a sad so long.....
I guess that's life.... so I will make it the best I can... oh yes I will...
and don't you forget to do the same........








No comments:
Post a Comment