Saturday, 9 November 2013

Good Morning my team Awesome support staff.., I am visualizing some team shirts.....lol And maybe a little ditty cheer (go Hope, Go, kick some cancer ass!!!) might have to work on the flow but I think we get the jest....
So yesterday... lots of appointments and info. I thought there might be updates but I just couldn't get to excited about much... Good news, bad new, indifferent news, so here's today's cancer poop!
So, they have determined no cancer in my bones...YA!!!(its a good thing but doesn't change any thing one way or the other I'm still terminal, just one less thing to treat I guess) they have not found the mutated gene Boo!, They are still sending it away to another place to see what they can discover. ( time is the issue and this is not quick) I will NOT start Chemo for a few weeks Boo!, I have no appointments on my schedule boo!! so I now sit and wait for their calls....Boo!! I was so sure that I would start Chemo this week I had it in my mind but nope. I need to heal and recoup from the radiation which makes sense I just didn't have that in my mind. I am goal oriented and then next step feeds me to fight. I feel now although I know recovery is a necessity it seems I will be laying around in bed waiting, not good for me, I need action plans...

I do have at least two things lined up, Wednesday at 11:30 I have been asked to present a check to the A.G.M. of Three Oaks for the calendar money I raised this year and perhaps speak for 5 minutes. I will need a volunteer to drive me, I have a wheel chair to get long distances, I am mobile but just very slow depending on the breathing that day and cant do stairs . The following Wednesday I have been asked to speak at Loyalist college to take part in a Poverty Challenge which I have done before and speaks to my heart greatly, they give teenagers a snippet out of my life to live and give them tasks to accomplish I hang around but they do not know me and then at the end of the challenge they met me and I give my story. They usually have a life changing moment with all their pre-notions of what it is to be poor. It is near and dear to my heart also. I will need someone to help me through that also, driving and staying with me for the morning. It is a short version of what they usually do.

I have also decided I need some laughter in my life right now... Side splitting, deep snorking, pee dripping, laughter. 
So, I throw the gauntlet down... I dare you to make me laugh. Tell me stories of some of our crazy adventures in the old days. Come up with some new shenanigans that I can go and do with you. Come visit me and lets laugh, no cancer shit....Just laugh, laugh, laugh. I need some soul healing laughter... Please calling all friends... help I need to hurt from laughing.....So I remember this time in band camp.....lol
I remember this time this summer and had a drink with my cousin Shari Jarvis who doesn't drink but we where singing songs and being silly all of a sudden she disappeared, 10 minutes later she came out of the house dressed as a hippy.. I was floored, I couldn't believe her coming out all dressed up. She confessed she bought and wanted to wear it, so that sunny summer night on her back deck In PEI she swag and sang to the strums of my hubbies guitar rocking her hippie costume....Another story which I started a little bit about a birthday gift from my dear friend Janet Lammers, we did the bucket list thing and said lets do a hot air balloon ride for my 45th ( I think). Anyway we drive to Ottawa beautiful day get in the balloon, and we float of the sky's amazingly beautiful, then of course the wind picks up heads us towards some lovely hydro lines....We had the chase car following trying to find various safe locations for us to do an emergency landing... It took us three times and was getting quiet desperate as we were looking at dusk. We ended up crashing three times into a field till we could finally get down.. Ahh the birthday memories.....lol 
Joanne Skirrow Van Giesen, fill me laughter, @Michael Jane Lewis, I know we did stuff. Even as simple as me setting you husband on fire ( really it was funny)
Margie Carroll VanderHorden we have adventures building fences hanging you by the belt loops dry walling. Sam Sandra McGowan come on you can tell me something we laughter oceans of tears together. How about going to McDonald's and asking for 7 peppers , 4 salt a ketchup and hot sauce for you breakfast, or every special order at any restaurant.." Ok I want this but could you just, Never resembled the item on the menu when you where done...lol
I am home for the next 6 weeks alone ( I think that deserves the face slap and scream). 
My poor dear husband moves to Pickering for 6 weeks tomorrow to fulfill his Contract as the mall Santa at the Pickering town center, It was a very, very hard decision for us to make and knowing in moments notice we can somehow change but it is very good money in a short time and I will have a lot of expenses coming up, So pray for him he is really struggling and being torn, but he gives so much joy to many children. I will be asking for some help through the next six weeks depending on treatments health etc, so many people have offered and I WILL call you on them when I need you...So please if you volunteer to stay or drive or help please make sure you are able to I want to be able to count on some people and not be let down so think carefully about your offer..
I will also want to see some visitors and remember the theme fun and happiness, but be aware the program could change to tears and frustration.. Love me through this crazy cancer shit. I don't know what I am doing just walking it hour by hour....Love you all so much you are a huge part of my strength.. I need you!
I am posting a video down below that I think all woman can appreciate , especially if you have had a friend and did any type of crazy beauty treatment with wax....lol 
start you day off with a chuckle......

here is a picture out my window I woke up to this morning, just wanted to share the beauty. That's whats life is all about!!! — in Frankford.

No comments:

Post a Comment