Wednesday, 2 July 2014

July 2

Good Morning Team AWESOME..

Well it's day #2 of radiation.
Monday was day #1 and it was met with so many emotions.. Last Friday when I went in and seen what was the plan with for all these tumours. It was over load in the information department...I mean I went in expecting them to tell the tumours in my lungs were all gone, and then to find out the cancer had spread to my brain in a small tumour, then to find out the astonishing number of tumours on my poor old brain..when we left both Brad and I felt like we were facing a dire situation very quickly. I honestly didn't think I would make it to October. I felt like I was facing death again. So Monday when I went for my treatment I went to see if I could talk to My Doctor and rehash what we had heard. I arrived a half hour early and found out my radiation unit was 90 minutes behind. It gave me an opportunity to see my social worker, and to have a radiation specialist walk me through what to expect.. So I am expecting my hair to start falling out in about 5-7 days, so now I know what I'm facing...I'm OK.. Im really ok now. Again my hair is really hard for me to lose but I am trying to get there, I feel a lot better it still sucks but It'll be OK..I'm going to look at some wigs today and find some nice big scarves to learn how to make turbans. I am actually starting to have fun looking at wigs on line and coming up with a few fun ideas.. I might get a 50 styles wig and then I'll asked a few friends if they know any one who specializes in professional make up that could teach me how to give me a 50's make up look as I will most likely lose my eye brows also, so why not go over the top and I'm thinking I have green eyes maybe its time to go red and mysterious...lol 
I went in for my radiation finally 90 minutes late.. I took quiet a while for the first appointment they have lots of measurements to do and they move you and giggle and set and re set, which this is all good I want to make sure they are getting right but it is uncomfortable.. The laser they are using on me is a purple beam and I though wow how great, purple is my colour...I am vivacious with or without hair.. I met two ladies in my unit and they both had no hair., the one woman had it wrapped in a beautiful turban. I asked her a bout it and she was so gracious to take me into the bathroom and show me how to do it. I was touched.The other lady spoke with Brad while I was in getting my radiation and it was good for him.. I could feel the radiation this time it was very hot on my head. When I was done I had a headache and it has lasted for the past two days. I was very tired yesterday so I think this round of radiation is going to be harder on me than what I thought. obviously it is very early in the morning so I have had no sleep yet the steroids have kicked in and here we go again.....Balance... I have to try and balance and take care to look after me...This is always hard. I think the next two weeks will be me staying in bed a lot, so it would be a great time for some visits from some people...I have to be careful not to get into a depression I'm not a good patient and i hate to be in bed but I think all the head stuff and the exhaustion is going to get to me not to mention just the time and driving everyday. It all takes its toll on me...So while I was on the table and the lasers where beaming, I just kept playing PAC man in my head. And i was praying that that little guy would get all through my head and eat away all those white tumours, When i was done I felt confident that God would eat them all away.. So after we were done we went in to see my doctor. We had a really good talk and he made me feel like I still had hope. I got some of my faith and hope back. I left feeling I'm not done yet I'm going to fight like hell and I am going beat this again.....
Now a side bar for a minute...Back to my hair....I wanted to say that I really appreciate the fact that several friends said that they love me and support me but they can't cut there hair for me, and you know I really really appreciated the honesty and it made me feel better in a way because to be truthful I couldn't do it for my friends..Vain maybe but honest and it showed me that people understand it's not just hair....So I came up with an idea and if you want to do this my daughter will help,Thomasine Dingee Vandertogt-Hoyleis the one that gave me the idea, and has she had posted the cancer bitch picture to support me so what I came away with.. is how about you change you profile pix to a picture of your face and we can Photoshop the hair off of it, it could show your support by just changing the picture, may be you or your kids could do it for you if not email it to houseofcoolstuff@gmail.com or to me at hope.s@sympatico.ca,
 Thomasine picture will be done first and she will post it. I appreciate this so much it meant more than my words can speak. In the next week or so I will be having a head shaving party for me and hopefully a makeup artist there also and we can have fun playing with wigs makeup and I'm sure a few tears.. and pictures..I believe I am really going to need my friends around me through this round. Saturday at the party I felt so much love and support I couldn't believe it..Your love is overwhelming and I am so very blessed, so here I go facing day 2, and practicing my PAC Man game..I'M GOING GET ALL THOSE LITTLE BUGGERS OUT OF MY HEAD... Hope 2 - Tumours 0

No comments:

Post a Comment