Good Afternoon Team Awesome..
Well day #3 radiation over...
Day 2 sucked big time... I was nauseated and vomiting immediately after the treatment and then had a horrible headache all night into today. Stayed in bed all day and night. Apparently my brain is swelling more than it should so I am having some extreme side effects...Today they raised my dosage of steroids up x 3 so instead of 4 mg a day I'm going to be taking 12 mg a day now...Please pray that God will graciously let me go to sleep. I'm already sleep deprived from taking 1 pill a day so it could be interesting..
One thing I never told you is the other day after taking to the doctor about the whole situation with my brain, he did say he had never seen so many tumours at one time but also said that with all the tumours I have not one tumour is in a critical place in my brain...God is looking after me...
This morning My sister and I went over to a salon this morning that graciously offered to shave my sisters head for her. I promised not to put her picture up till tomorrow, until her partner sees her first. So I will show her picture then. My father shaved his head for me also.. I can not tell you how touched I am by all the support and love that is being shown to me. My daughter, son, son in law and 4 of my grandchildren also shaved their heads. I think what is so amazing is I never asked they just did it to support and show how much they love me and understand how difficult for this is for me..This morning I cut off about 8 inches of my hair to make the transition a little easier on me...Step by step....I have had several people pass on the photo for me to photo shop so my kids are working on that for me.....so generally just another day on the road to my healing........Thanks for walking down this road with me... Love you all and may God continue to bless you and keep you strong....
Well day #3 radiation over...
Day 2 sucked big time... I was nauseated and vomiting immediately after the treatment and then had a horrible headache all night into today. Stayed in bed all day and night. Apparently my brain is swelling more than it should so I am having some extreme side effects...Today they raised my dosage of steroids up x 3 so instead of 4 mg a day I'm going to be taking 12 mg a day now...Please pray that God will graciously let me go to sleep. I'm already sleep deprived from taking 1 pill a day so it could be interesting..
One thing I never told you is the other day after taking to the doctor about the whole situation with my brain, he did say he had never seen so many tumours at one time but also said that with all the tumours I have not one tumour is in a critical place in my brain...God is looking after me...
This morning My sister and I went over to a salon this morning that graciously offered to shave my sisters head for her. I promised not to put her picture up till tomorrow, until her partner sees her first. So I will show her picture then. My father shaved his head for me also.. I can not tell you how touched I am by all the support and love that is being shown to me. My daughter, son, son in law and 4 of my grandchildren also shaved their heads. I think what is so amazing is I never asked they just did it to support and show how much they love me and understand how difficult for this is for me..This morning I cut off about 8 inches of my hair to make the transition a little easier on me...Step by step....I have had several people pass on the photo for me to photo shop so my kids are working on that for me.....so generally just another day on the road to my healing........Thanks for walking down this road with me... Love you all and may God continue to bless you and keep you strong....
No comments:
Post a Comment