Good Morning Team Awesome
Well here we go rounding the corner on Treatment number 9……
I’m so excited it is almost done, one today and then the weekend off and one Monday….
I would like to share with you briefly… if possible about the most amazing man in the world, my husband Brad Woody Stone...Through this horrible journey we started 8 months ago, it has been a constant battle of emotions, tears and fears.. I would like to say that when we got the news that Brad knew exactly what to say and do and he did everything perfectly for me but, I can’t. In the beginning it was a lot of processing him doing his and me doing mine…We did not do or saying everything right, even at times I gave him permission to leave so he didn’t have to deal with all this ugliness that I could do it by myself…..Well here we are 8 months later maybe still not doing it all perfectly as there really is no hand manual on this one and everyday every moment we have to change, shuffle, rehash, take another look at from a different angle, everything .. There is no normal in our world...just us doing the best we can… As horrible as this disease is on the person, these unsung hero’s our caregivers are amazing amazing people who love beyond all understanding even when we are not so lovable. I would like to say that as a patient I am the most reasonable, compliant person with a smile on my face all the time and just going with the flow…easy breezy, but if you have read my posts at all and gotten to know me, I think you can see the chink in my armour, I am controlling at times and I like things done “the right way” aka mine…..just saying, I think we can all relate. All the medications, all the things your body goes through your emotions, it’s crazy. Some days I look in the mirror and just say really!!!! Who the hell are you?
Well my husband does the best he can; he has his whole life on hold for me. He is aware of everything around me and is constantly looking ahead for me. After being together for 13 years this man still opens the car door for me, I don’t even think about raising my hand, we sometimes joke by me saying, I almost had to wait….lol I love it… he shows me everyday how much he loves me in all the little things he does. through this course of treatments he makes sure there are things in the car for me to drink, that I have a pillow and blanket and he makes sure to put my eye mask in my purse as I am so photosensitive from the radiation, he makes sure my meds are in my purse and constantly from nowhere pops up and says did you take your 4 o’clock pill (he just popped out to bed to ask me this question and to make sure I eat something with it, from a dead sleep, hence this post) . The man who can’t remember the three things I asked him to get at the grocery store….lol but is constantly thinking of ways to make me more comfortable, by making sure there are bendy straws in the bedside table and making sure my phone is always charged so I am ready always for a call. To three o’clock food runs, with no other instructions but taste, flavour and consistency that I’m looking for, with him coming back with several choices just in case it wasn't right……What can I say about this man????? Except I love him with every fiber of my being and I could not go through this without him…I want to spend every moment I have with him telling him how wonderful he is and how he makes my heart sing constantly and how there is no way in hell I could go through with all this shit without you by my side…I wouldn't even try… Just to sit holding hands on our 1/12 drive there an back and to have that peaceful silence that speaks volumes to us,Just to touch and look over and say I love you and appreciate you more than you could possible know…I use to bitch and complain about how unromantic he was and he just never made me feel love because I was looking for love in all the wrong places.. Its funny how it works but usually when you stop looking for something….you find it… and I found my in my wonderful care giving husband Brad Woody Stone….
I Love you…….
One of my favourite singers is Mamma Cass and she has a song on her one album that speaks volumes to me and I want to dedicate this song to my husband, It's only 2 minutes long for me please listen to the words… this is for my Brad please honour him by hearing my heart….
I’m so excited it is almost done, one today and then the weekend off and one Monday….
I would like to share with you briefly… if possible about the most amazing man in the world, my husband Brad Woody Stone...Through this horrible journey we started 8 months ago, it has been a constant battle of emotions, tears and fears.. I would like to say that when we got the news that Brad knew exactly what to say and do and he did everything perfectly for me but, I can’t. In the beginning it was a lot of processing him doing his and me doing mine…We did not do or saying everything right, even at times I gave him permission to leave so he didn’t have to deal with all this ugliness that I could do it by myself…..Well here we are 8 months later maybe still not doing it all perfectly as there really is no hand manual on this one and everyday every moment we have to change, shuffle, rehash, take another look at from a different angle, everything .. There is no normal in our world...just us doing the best we can… As horrible as this disease is on the person, these unsung hero’s our caregivers are amazing amazing people who love beyond all understanding even when we are not so lovable. I would like to say that as a patient I am the most reasonable, compliant person with a smile on my face all the time and just going with the flow…easy breezy, but if you have read my posts at all and gotten to know me, I think you can see the chink in my armour, I am controlling at times and I like things done “the right way” aka mine…..just saying, I think we can all relate. All the medications, all the things your body goes through your emotions, it’s crazy. Some days I look in the mirror and just say really!!!! Who the hell are you?
Well my husband does the best he can; he has his whole life on hold for me. He is aware of everything around me and is constantly looking ahead for me. After being together for 13 years this man still opens the car door for me, I don’t even think about raising my hand, we sometimes joke by me saying, I almost had to wait….lol I love it… he shows me everyday how much he loves me in all the little things he does. through this course of treatments he makes sure there are things in the car for me to drink, that I have a pillow and blanket and he makes sure to put my eye mask in my purse as I am so photosensitive from the radiation, he makes sure my meds are in my purse and constantly from nowhere pops up and says did you take your 4 o’clock pill (he just popped out to bed to ask me this question and to make sure I eat something with it, from a dead sleep, hence this post) . The man who can’t remember the three things I asked him to get at the grocery store….lol but is constantly thinking of ways to make me more comfortable, by making sure there are bendy straws in the bedside table and making sure my phone is always charged so I am ready always for a call. To three o’clock food runs, with no other instructions but taste, flavour and consistency that I’m looking for, with him coming back with several choices just in case it wasn't right……What can I say about this man????? Except I love him with every fiber of my being and I could not go through this without him…I want to spend every moment I have with him telling him how wonderful he is and how he makes my heart sing constantly and how there is no way in hell I could go through with all this shit without you by my side…I wouldn't even try… Just to sit holding hands on our 1/12 drive there an back and to have that peaceful silence that speaks volumes to us,Just to touch and look over and say I love you and appreciate you more than you could possible know…I use to bitch and complain about how unromantic he was and he just never made me feel love because I was looking for love in all the wrong places.. Its funny how it works but usually when you stop looking for something….you find it… and I found my in my wonderful care giving husband Brad Woody Stone….
I Love you…….
One of my favourite singers is Mamma Cass and she has a song on her one album that speaks volumes to me and I want to dedicate this song to my husband, It's only 2 minutes long for me please listen to the words… this is for my Brad please honour him by hearing my heart….
Cass Elliot singing live "Ain't Nobody Else Like You" at the Johnny Cash show
YOUTUBE.COM

No comments:
Post a Comment