Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Good Morning Team Awesome

Just wanted to say thanks for all the comments and private messages sent regarding my last post. They helped me put things into perspective, I think really I just needed to vent more than anything... Sometimes when I vent I get stuff out of my head and out where I can see it and be done with it. It has helped me to move on. I was so stressed about coming coming home for a few reasons..
1 In Texas it was warm and sunny compared to here...lol
2 I could forget about cancer for a little while at least as much as I could...
3 and I could forget about my business and all that goes with it
so the reality of it all is...
1 Well here I am at home in snow snow snow,,,,,
2 I do have cancer, in fact today I see the radiologist, tomorrow I go for a CT scan and next week I see my Chemo Doctor. I will what my tumours are doing and if my miracle drug is still working
3 I have an offer on my business that I am dealing with( harder than I though emotionally)

So I came home and jumped into reality, exactly what I was afraid of doing but you know what? I jumped into reality and I am dealing with it one day at a time.. Damn reality it follows you where ever you go and I know even if I run away it will be there not to far behind me and it will eventually catch up.....So I will do the best I can....

I wanted to share something with you that will most likely make you laugh even if it is at my expense...but I learned to put some things into perspective....I learned that we are just dots......
While I was in Natchez we visited an old plantation, and on that grounds they had made the stables into a very nice restaurant, so we decided to go for lunch there. Just after lunch I stood up to go use the washroom as I started to walk across the restaurant to the washroom ( about 20 feet) my tights and underwear rolled down to just below my bum...( any ladies who have wore panty hose, spanx, or control top under ware knows when they start to roll there is nothing you can do, they have a mind of there own..lol) Well I got about 5 feet from the door to the bathroom when that strange thing happened, unsure of what to do in the middle of the restaurant I figured I'm wearing a long top that covers my butt so I will causally walk to the bathroom and pull them up with out no one being none the wiser....I though....Once I got into the bathroom I realized that my long tunic top was tucked in the back of my sweater so there was nothing covering my butt those last 5'.... I just mooned and entire restaurant...When I was brave enough to walk back to my table (head hung very low as to let no one recognize me....) When I reached the table I told Brad who of course laughed like crazy and my step mom and her hubby....I was mortified but my step mom just looked and me and said your just a dot, know one will remember you it s not important don't be embarASSed..(lol) so as I finished my meal and left the restaurant I kept saying to myself..I'm only a dot....I'm only a dot and it actually help to put it in perspective...Usually I would dwell on it for days if not weeks and lose sleep etc...so this time I'm just a dot I'm just a dot....Got in the truck and continued our outing.. this is when we went to the drive through liquor store and I got a mango margarita. We decided to go back to the RV park and drink our wonderful drinks and every time I felt embarrassed I would say I'm just a dot. Feeling very good about myself and even chuckling...I have this licked I said to my self. I'm only a dot...So we get into the Park and I am letting myself out. We are in a big diesel truck and I have to use the hand grip and the step to get out... so as I am feeling so wonderful about my new found dot status .. I am climbing down backwards and guess what ??? do not my tights and underwear decide to roll down again but this time to my knees and I am in mid stride of climbing down, hand on rail, one foot one step the other had carrying the drink we had just purchased....What could I do but continue my decent and pray there was no spectators..I'm only a dot...so my feet hit solid ground I turn quickly to see who I have mooned this time.. and to my surprise there was a kid about 10 or 11, a boy and as I turned he gave me a big smile and a wave......I'm only a dot ..... I'm only a dot......I'm only a dot that has freaking offended half of Natchez in a 1/2 hour time period, probably traumatized a poor kid but luckily I'm only a dot who is carrying a 16 oz margarita that was made very strongly....I drank that puppy so quick I had a brain freeze but at least I kept my pants up...for the moment..... That night those tights were thrown immediately into the trash.........So even though it wasn't on my bucket list I may now scratch off mooning a the Quaint town of Natchez, that survived the civil war but not my white Canadian butt....
I'm only a dot....



No comments:

Post a Comment