Monday, 10 November 2014

Good Morning Team Awesome

So lung cancer fact: 
More non smoking woman are being diagnosed with lung cancer,. do you know the first signs of lung cancer? Fatigue and exhaustion. And it is hitting woman between 45-55 . How many woman in that age bracket are not tired? Then coughing starts. by they time they are diagnosed they are usually in stage 3 or 4 inoperable and terminal. Just like me.

Wednesday night I went in our hot tub and yes I was able to get out no beached porpoise lol. I think it helps when the water is in it makes you a little bouncy. So I thoroughly enjoyed the warm water, sitting outside under the clouds and enjoying the moment with my hubby. When I went to bed I always do a reflection on the day. I laid there and just felt so happy and content; it was almost silly how can I be happy? How can I be content with this medical storm swirling around us? There really is something to the scripture that talks about the perfect peace that passes all understanding. I laid there and felt so much love and contentment and thought there’s no other place I want to be then here and now, even if it means I have this stupid cancer, I am so blessed to have this wonderful husband and this home and the friends and family I have. There is nothing else I want except more of it, more time to revel in this love, peace and contentment. So I prayed for it. Every time I get negative thoughts about my health or dying I just repeat: “I'm happy, I'm healthy and I'm healed”. So I've been away for a few days and that’s why there have been no posts. 
Went and visited my old school chums in Exeter, one I hadn't seen in 35 years. It was good to see Tracey and Sandy. We left on Thursday after we went to the lawyers to finally get our wills done. You would think that a year of procrastination was long enough especially when you told you’re going to die, I mean we had something written down that was witnessed but we wanted to make sure it was perfectly legal etc. It’s funny how your controlling spirit comes out and gets you thinking, walk through the house and think who this should go to. Brad keeps saying what does it matter we’ll be dead but for some reason it. So there were lots of thinking and lots of discussions throughout our 5 hour drive. I wasn't sure if I could make the trip but I really wanted to see my friend Sandy it was important to me and also to see Tracy again, but I was lucky enough to have her here at the fuck cancer party. I feel like I can’t see them enough they were such and integral part of my life and the last friends I had for a long time as I became a teenage mom and my life changed completely. So we had a great visit on Saturday, Tracy drove up from London and Sandy from Exeter and we met at my step moms, were Brad and I were staying. We were there giggling and talking about school memories and how many of our old school chums had passed away, there were a lot sad and scary. Oh course do you think that any of us took pictures nope...So I have invited them both to come up for a girl’s weekend and I’ll make sure we do pictures. Maybe have a grapes and giggles party when they come down. I’m hoping they can come in the next few weekends, before snow starts flying. Brad starts his Santa Job at the Belleville mall on Saturday, so I won’t be seeing him for basically six weeks, he will be working 7 days a week’s 10-12 hours a day. He loves to be Santa. He will be doing the Belleville parade on Sunday and then of course the Frankford parade on November 29Th.
So Friday I go for another MRI to see what my brain tumours are doing. A little nervous as to what is happening in my brain, but I have no control over what is going on so I will just be hopeful. It’s hard but what other choice do I have? My mom goes for her pre op this Friday also, so I'm thinking she might go for surgery next week and my step dad is just getting his staples out today, we are a fine bunch here. I'm glad I am a little stronger to try and help were I can.
My son Rutger came home last night for three days, it was good to see him as we hadn't seen him since PEI. All the kids are coming over tomorrow night so we can get the Christmas stuff out. I am firm believer in honouring Remembrance Day and I never put decorations up until the 12th but this year all the kids could come Tuesday night so we will be putting them up but no on until the 12th. It will be good to have everyone together it fills my soul and heart with all kinds of love and good things. Laughter of my children is the sweetest sound I could ever hear. We will be at the cenotaph at 11 as Brads name sake; his uncle was shot down over Germany and was never found. We have his medals and we carry them over to the ceremony with us, this year we will be taking our grand kids with us also as they have been learning about soldiers and veterans.
So I won’t be seeing my oncologist till next Friday, so please pray that my brain tumours have not grown and that I don’t need to have chemo and my drugs are not failing. I want and need more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment