Good Morning Team Awesome
I haven’t been feeling very well so I am late in my blogs, so I will combine 2 of the blogs together today and try to get the other one out tomorrow.
1) November is nation lung cancer awareness month and I would like to ask all my friends if you can or feel lead to wear pearls for me this month. Pearl or opal essence is the colour of the lung cancer ribbon. I chose to wear purple all year as it is the colour ribbon for all cancers but my daughter Alisha said mom ask everyone to wear pearls. So if you have real pearls and never wear them this is your chance to dust them off and wear them proudly. If you don’t have real pearls or fake pearl necklace go out and get a nice pearl bracelet at the dollar store or at a craft shop and make your own... This month I will post a lot of facts and figures on lung cancer many things I was surprised to hear about. Last month I was asked to sit on a panel for Cancer Care of Ontario, and I gladly accepted. So I will be helping them with the diagnose process where it failed for me and suggestions on how it could be improved. It will be a three month panel and I will be sitting with other cancer survivors. I will be glad to help out.
I haven’t been feeling very well so I am late in my blogs, so I will combine 2 of the blogs together today and try to get the other one out tomorrow.
1) November is nation lung cancer awareness month and I would like to ask all my friends if you can or feel lead to wear pearls for me this month. Pearl or opal essence is the colour of the lung cancer ribbon. I chose to wear purple all year as it is the colour ribbon for all cancers but my daughter Alisha said mom ask everyone to wear pearls. So if you have real pearls and never wear them this is your chance to dust them off and wear them proudly. If you don’t have real pearls or fake pearl necklace go out and get a nice pearl bracelet at the dollar store or at a craft shop and make your own... This month I will post a lot of facts and figures on lung cancer many things I was surprised to hear about. Last month I was asked to sit on a panel for Cancer Care of Ontario, and I gladly accepted. So I will be helping them with the diagnose process where it failed for me and suggestions on how it could be improved. It will be a three month panel and I will be sitting with other cancer survivors. I will be glad to help out.
2) So back to last Saturday October 25th when I had my F%#k Cancer party. GEE I can’t believe how quickly time is flying and that was almost two weeks ago. WOW...It’s funny when you get sick time even seems to be going faster for me and I don’t like that. It was just June 28th and you were all here in the back yard having a great night, eating, drinking, singing and watching the best damn fireworks we have ever put on, better than most towns...Then 2 days later I was taking radiation to the brain and now here we are. It makes me mad that when time is so important to me I feel like I have lost 4 months laying in that damn bed weaker that a baby kitten with my husband, mom and friends nursing me (I am thankful but angry that I had to have it, I hate this disease so much).Well about 3 weeks ago I had an incident that I will share with you that helped me make the decision “I’m not going to take this anymore!” and that I needed a party. Now at the time it wasn’t very funny to me but I’m sure you will glean some humour from it. What can I say I’m a giver...lol So here is my story...A few weeks ago like I said I thought I was feeling stronger and all I wanted was a nice hot bath to soak till I got prune-y. My wonderful husband hearing my wish decided to surprise me, so he filled up the tub with warm water and sea salts and lit a bunch of candles in the bathroom for me. It was a surprise and I was thankful and happily plopped into the tub with the help of my wonderful hubby not giving to much thought to anything else. Now when we built the house my hubby wanted a 6 foot whirlpool tub not sure why we are both short with me at 5”4” and Brad at whopping 5’8”. So the tub is taller than most and longer than most and has a nice slanted back so you can recline. The Frist time I filled it up and laid in it with all these bubbles swirling around me, I completely slid under and just about drown form the shock see the tub is so long and the back is sloped so when I reclined into the water I slide right under as my feet couldn’t touch the end of the tub it was so long, so I don’t use it much because I have to kind of prop myself in a position when I am clinging to the sides as not to go under, not very peaceful or spa like...lol so I think you get an idea on the tub. Anyways after soaking in the tub for a bit and relishing in the wonderful warm feeling, I decided it was time to get out, I had pruned sufficiently...lol so as the water was draining Brad went to get towels and housecoat. I thought I should quickly shave my legs and did, then, after that I thought my skin is so dry from lying in bed maybe I will just put some Moroccan oil on me. So Brad came in and was ready to help me out of the tub... alas there in laid the problem and the whole point of my story. When I tried to get out of the tub I couldn’t. I forgot how weak my legs were and they just couldn’t support me(I have gained almost a 100 pounds since I have been sick a wonderful side effect from the medication, lying in bed for 7 months recovering from 2 bouts of radiation and my arch nemesis steroids). We didn’t think about this before getting into the tub. Not to mention I had just covered myself in Moroccan oil so not only was I wet but extremely slippery and the sea salt didn’t help the tub and my ability to depart from it. I laid there like an oily porpoise trying to decide what to do. The more I tried the weaker I became, I got Brad to give me a large bath towel to put on the bottom of the tub to take care of that problem (and for you big bang Theory fans yes I have no adhesive ducks on the bottom of my tub although at the time I seriously though maybe Brad should run out and buy some...lol) I had brad get my running shoes thinking I just need some traction, nope didn’t work. I lay on the bottom of the tub sobbing feeling so humiliated, Brad wanting to help so badly but I was worried he would hurt himself trying to lift me out and I was rather slippery and he couldn’t get a good hold of me anyways. My poor husband was there feeling helpless, as I cried with frustration, humiliation and desperation. I laid there thinking who could we call to help? The fire department....hell no! That’s all I needed to add to my humiliation, think think, what neighbours, my mom. There was no one. I thought I have to do this! And my stubbornness got kicked into high gear. We have grab bars in the tub but it was the depth of the tub that was the problem, I couldn’t pull myself up high enough to get my leg over the edge... so finally I got myself arranged into a position where I thought I might be able to get Brad to help me get my one leg over the tub. It worked I got my one leg over the edge of the tub and Brad helped me to get balanced on the edge, not a very sexy or photographic pose but I was half way there. I got my strength back and then proceeded with Brads help to get on the floor of the bathroom. One down one to go, now I had to get off the bathroom floor. I was so weak at this time I just laid there on towels sobbing, Brad laying on the floor beside me consoling me the best he could feeling so bad for me. I finally felt strong enough to try and get off the floor. I got brad to get the shower chair and put it in front of me and with a couple tries I got my tummy up on it then after a rest or two was able to get to the position where I could get my bum on it and sit. This ½ hour 45 minute event tried to take me down but I wouldn’t let it. In that moment I decided no more would I wait to be stronger that if it was going to happen than it would have to be me. Doctors know shit about who I am and what I can do and I’m not going to listen to their crap anymore, “stay in bed rest don’t push yourself you’ve come through some very rough treatments, you’ll feel stronger as the weeks go on and then you can start getting up and doing activity”. Bull Huckey, the longer I lay there the more muscle I lose and the weaker I feel the more weight I gain, so right then and there I changed my attitude and outlook. The next day I started to walk up and down the hall a few times a day, little steps but big for me. I had Brad take the TV out of the bed room and refused to eat meals in my bedroom, I will eat in the kitchen like a normal person. So Brad put the TV in the front room and if I wanted to watch it I would have to go down 5 stairs. So as my one year anniversary of my diagnoses came close I decided I needed to celebrate, I’ve beat it for a year I need a party. I need a reason to get strong and I need to out let some of my creativity, and if you know me I love to plan party and feed people-my two passions. So coming to the party, everything turned out well except I forgot the champagne and the bacon wrapped asparagus (which we thoroughly enjoyed the next 2 days). 40 people showed up and we had a get time. My friend looked at me and asked how is it you can do something like this so spontaneously have such a great turn out, if I tried to do this I would be sitting by myself, I turned and said I am blessed with wonderful friends who want to celebrate my life here and it is so true. That night as I sat there feeling so happy and content, I could feel myself drawing in all the love and the positive feelings from all of you who attended. I felt like a love vampire (not in a dirty way...lol) in a way where I had tapped into all of your hearts and was sucking all the all the love and good vibes into myself. That party did a world of good for me. I felt so happy and still do to know how blessed I am, despite you, stupid cancer.
So I guess my advice for all of you is before you put Moroccan oil on make sure you have adhesive ducks on the bottom of your tub ( make Sheldon proud of you-big bang theory)lol
here is the clip of the ducks...enjoy
Good Morning Team Awesome
I haven’t been feeling very well so I am late in my blogs, so I will combine 2 of the blogs together today and try to get the other one out tomorrow.
1) November is nation lung cancer awareness month and I would like to ask all my friends if you can or feel lead to wear pearls for me this month. Pearl or opal essence is the colour of the lung cancer ribbon. I chose to wear purple all year as it is the colour ribbon for all cancers but my daughter Alisha said mom ask everyone to wear pearls. So if you have real pearls and never wear them this is your chance to dust them off and wear them proudly. If you don’t have real pearls or fake pearl necklace go out and get a nice pearl bracelet at the dollar store or at a craft shop and make your own... This month I will post a lot of facts and figures on lung cancer many things I was surprised to hear about. Last month I was asked to sit on a panel for Cancer Care of Ontario, and I gladly accepted. So I will be helping them with the diagnose process where it failed for me and suggestions on how it could be improved. It will be a three month panel and I will be sitting with other cancer survivors. I will be glad to help out.
here is the clip of the ducks...enjoy
Good Morning Team Awesome
I haven’t been feeling very well so I am late in my blogs, so I will combine 2 of the blogs together today and try to get the other one out tomorrow.
1) November is nation lung cancer awareness month and I would like to ask all my friends if you can or feel lead to wear pearls for me this month. Pearl or opal essence is the colour of the lung cancer ribbon. I chose to wear purple all year as it is the colour ribbon for all cancers but my daughter Alisha said mom ask everyone to wear pearls. So if you have real pearls and never wear them this is your chance to dust them off and wear them proudly. If you don’t have real pearls or fake pearl necklace go out and get a nice pearl bracelet at the dollar store or at a craft shop and make your own... This month I will post a lot of facts and figures on lung cancer many things I was surprised to hear about. Last month I was asked to sit on a panel for Cancer Care of Ontario, and I gladly accepted. So I will be helping them with the diagnose process where it failed for me and suggestions on how it could be improved. It will be a three month panel and I will be sitting with other cancer survivors. I will be glad to help out.
2) So back to last Saturday October 25th when I had my F%#k Cancer party. GEE I can’t believe how quickly time is flying and that was almost two weeks ago. WOW...It’s funny when you get sick time even seems to be going faster for me and I don’t like that. It was just June 28th and you were all here in the back yard having a great night, eating, drinking, singing and watching the best damn fireworks we have ever put on, better than most towns...Then 2 days later I was taking radiation to the brain and now here we are. It makes me mad that when time is so important to me I feel like I have lost 4 months laying in that damn bed weaker that a baby kitten with my husband, mom and friends nursing me (I am thankful but angry that I had to have it, I hate this disease so much).Well about 3 weeks ago I had an incident that I will share with you that helped me make the decision “I’m not going to take this anymore!” and that I needed a party. Now at the time it wasn’t very funny to me but I’m sure you will glean some humour from it. What can I say I’m a giver...lol So here is my story...A few weeks ago like I said I thought I was feeling stronger and all I wanted was a nice hot bath to soak till I got prune-y. My wonderful husband hearing my wish decided to surprise me, so he filled up the tub with warm water and sea salts and lit a bunch of candles in the bathroom for me. It was a surprise and I was thankful and happily plopped into the tub with the help of my wonderful hubby not giving to much thought to anything else. Now when we built the house my hubby wanted a 6 foot whirlpool tub not sure why we are both short with me at 5”4” and Brad at whopping 5’8”. So the tub is taller than most and longer than most and has a nice slanted back so you can recline. The Frist time I filled it up and laid in it with all these bubbles swirling around me, I completely slid under and just about drown form the shock see the tub is so long and the back is sloped so when I reclined into the water I slide right under as my feet couldn’t touch the end of the tub it was so long, so I don’t use it much because I have to kind of prop myself in a position when I am clinging to the sides as not to go under, not very peaceful or spa like...lol so I think you get an idea on the tub. Anyways after soaking in the tub for a bit and relishing in the wonderful warm feeling, I decided it was time to get out, I had pruned sufficiently...lol so as the water was draining Brad went to get towels and housecoat. I thought I should quickly shave my legs and did, then, after that I thought my skin is so dry from lying in bed maybe I will just put some Moroccan oil on me. So Brad came in and was ready to help me out of the tub... alas there in laid the problem and the whole point of my story. When I tried to get out of the tub I couldn’t. I forgot how weak my legs were and they just couldn’t support me(I have gained almost a 100 pounds since I have been sick a wonderful side effect from the medication, lying in bed for 7 months recovering from 2 bouts of radiation and my arch nemesis steroids). We didn’t think about this before getting into the tub. Not to mention I had just covered myself in Moroccan oil so not only was I wet but extremely slippery and the sea salt didn’t help the tub and my ability to depart from it. I laid there like an oily porpoise trying to decide what to do. The more I tried the weaker I became, I got Brad to give me a large bath towel to put on the bottom of the tub to take care of that problem (and for you big bang Theory fans yes I have no adhesive ducks on the bottom of my tub although at the time I seriously though maybe Brad should run out and buy some...lol) I had brad get my running shoes thinking I just need some traction, nope didn’t work. I lay on the bottom of the tub sobbing feeling so humiliated, Brad wanting to help so badly but I was worried he would hurt himself trying to lift me out and I was rather slippery and he couldn’t get a good hold of me anyways. My poor husband was there feeling helpless, as I cried with frustration, humiliation and desperation. I laid there thinking who could we call to help? The fire department....hell no! That’s all I needed to add to my humiliation, think think, what neighbours, my mom. There was no one. I thought I have to do this! And my stubbornness got kicked into high gear. We have grab bars in the tub but it was the depth of the tub that was the problem, I couldn’t pull myself up high enough to get my leg over the edge... so finally I got myself arranged into a position where I thought I might be able to get Brad to help me get my one leg over the tub. It worked I got my one leg over the edge of the tub and Brad helped me to get balanced on the edge, not a very sexy or photographic pose but I was half way there. I got my strength back and then proceeded with Brads help to get on the floor of the bathroom. One down one to go, now I had to get off the bathroom floor. I was so weak at this time I just laid there on towels sobbing, Brad laying on the floor beside me consoling me the best he could feeling so bad for me. I finally felt strong enough to try and get off the floor. I got brad to get the shower chair and put it in front of me and with a couple tries I got my tummy up on it then after a rest or two was able to get to the position where I could get my bum on it and sit. This ½ hour 45 minute event tried to take me down but I wouldn’t let it. In that moment I decided no more would I wait to be stronger that if it was going to happen than it would have to be me. Doctors know shit about who I am and what I can do and I’m not going to listen to their crap anymore, “stay in bed rest don’t push yourself you’ve come through some very rough treatments, you’ll feel stronger as the weeks go on and then you can start getting up and doing activity”. Bull Huckey, the longer I lay there the more muscle I lose and the weaker I feel the more weight I gain, so right then and there I changed my attitude and outlook. The next day I started to walk up and down the hall a few times a day, little steps but big for me. I had Brad take the TV out of the bed room and refused to eat meals in my bedroom, I will eat in the kitchen like a normal person. So Brad put the TV in the front room and if I wanted to watch it I would have to go down 5 stairs. So as my one year anniversary of my diagnoses came close I decided I needed to celebrate, I’ve beat it for a year I need a party. I need a reason to get strong and I need to out let some of my creativity, and if you know me I love to plan party and feed people-my two passions. So coming to the party, everything turned out well except I forgot the champagne and the bacon wrapped asparagus (which we thoroughly enjoyed the next 2 days). 40 people showed up and we had a get time. My friend looked at me and asked how is it you can do something like this so spontaneously have such a great turn out, if I tried to do this I would be sitting by myself, I turned and said I am blessed with wonderful friends who want to celebrate my life here and it is so true. That night as I sat there feeling so happy and content, I could feel myself drawing in all the love and the positive feelings from all of you who attended. I felt like a love vampire (not in a dirty way...lol) in a way where I had tapped into all of your hearts and was sucking all the all the love and good vibes into myself. That party did a world of good for me. I felt so happy and still do to know how blessed I am, despite you, stupid cancer.
So I guess my advice for all of you is before you put Moroccan oil on make sure you have adhesive ducks on the bottom of your tub ( make Sheldon proud of you-big bang theory.
here is teh clip incase you've never seen it.. Have a great day and I love you all.
here is teh clip incase you've never seen it.. Have a great day and I love you all.
The Adhesive Duck Deficiency. Sheldon comes to the rescue of Penny.
YOUTUBE.COM

No comments:
Post a Comment