Thursday, 4 September 2014

sept 4 2014

Good Morning Team Awesome
Well, not wanting to say too much in case...I think I might be rounding the corner and taking a turn for the better. I am able to sit up for about 2 hours and a lot of the pain has subsided. I am not taking much morphine. I am on a bit of a schedule with sitting, eating etc. 
Hope wrote that a couple of days ago. Things haven’t improved since, and maybe even slid back a bit. There has been quite a bit of activity around the house for the past week. Hope’s uncle Corky and aunt Cindy were up from Boston over the weekend, and Sam and Jane visited and helped out for a few days as well.
Today we go for a CAT scan to see if they can discover what is going on with all the swelling in Hope’s face. It’s been over two weeks since being admitted to hospital in Charlottetown, and still no answers. Quite frustrating! Next week we go for the MRI that will tell us how successful the radiation treatments have been.
After some figuring, we concluded it was close to 3 months after the first bout of radiation that Hope started to feel more normal, at least what was considered her new normal. So it looks like the end of September before any significant improvement, although we are hoping for something much faster.
Any and all prayers, thoughts, and energies will help strengthen us for the ongoing challenges that are wearing down her spirit and resolve, and the new ones we are sure to face.
Thanks to all for your love and concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment