Friday, 3 January 2014

Good Morning Team Awesome

Well this week has been a weird one, mostly because it was short because of the holiday and the fact that it was in the middle of the week. 
I hope that 2014 is a better year for most of us! That`s the one great thing about the new year. Its a clean slate a new beginning a fresh start. The time we make resolutions that most of us don't keep but at least we try. That`s always the important thing that we try to be better or improve or grow in some ways..

So reflecting back on 2013, I must admit it sucked big time.... I started going into anaphylatic shock on January 3 of last year and several more trips to the emergency room ended up in a diagnoses of idiopathic anaphylaxis which they told me was my auto immune system thinks there is an imaginary infection in my body and it is trying to fight it.....I wonder how imaginary it was with a tumour growing in my lung....dumb asses.... that continued for several months. Then the month of May came and i was opening the new store. I worked my butt off but I was so sick I had some sort of chest thing going on but I WORKED MY WAY THROUGH IT..I should have gone tho the doctors but life was so busy. The in June started coughing and coughing and I WAS SO TIRED. I went to the doctors nothing but a referral to see a psychologist.. July I felt really bad so tired and no energy. August came and i was even more tired if possible, the coughing every morning felt like I had been a smoker all of my life , Brad would even tease me about it. we went on vacation in August and I just laid around and when it was time for us to come home i asked Brad to wait a few more days I just couldn't do it. came back and Sept 9th started coughing blood went to emergency and they said i had pneumonia for the last 6-8 weeks to rest and take lots of drugs which I did. Finally the psychologist went to my doctor and told him there was nothing wrong with me mentally that she really believed that there was something physically wrong and that I needed a CT Scan if nothing else to relieve my mind as we just buried a friend who died from cancer with very little notice. so my doctor recommended a ct scan which took almost 4 weeks to get . which we all know the outcome form there. 
I guess if I truly look at this past year there are many things that «I should and am thankful for. That i had a husband who stood beside me through all the craziness. «Cause i know he struggled with me being (feeling sick for so long and no medical back up) . My friend Thomasine Dingee Vandertogt-Hoyle who worked my store for me last year when i was going through all the crap in the early months and she never judged me or looked at me in a funny way, cause trust me my symptoms were weird and unusual. My dad and mom and step parents who helped me get the new store opened on time. Then to DR Hughes who helped me get treatment very quickly without which I would be dead already. For all of you who have prayed and loved me through this ugliness. My daughter Alisha Morgan who took over the running of Vivaciouswhile we were figuring all this stuff out. I got to beat the first expiry date of 3-4 weeks and then the second one of 2-3 months. I got to spend Christmas with my family . and a wonderful new year with friends and family..So I guess I have many things to be thankful for even though my general feeling is it was a crappy year. 
So on with the new year....
I seen my two doctors yesterday and I got good news and bad news...
First, the bad news.... you guys will have to learn to go on knowing that I am around for at least another 10 months or so........bazinga!
The good news in 6 weeks with my miracle pill my large tumour in my lung say the size of a grapefruit is less than half the size it was 6 weeks ago. and all of my lymph nodes which are all full of cancer were say the size of limes and are now the size of cherries ( these are not actual measurements just a bit of a visual to understand how much they have changed in the 6 weeks)...My heart is stable, still pockets of fluid but very stable and will most likely stay this way for the rest of my life. My Cancer Doctor explained to me that it will be my lymph nodes that sort of do me in. They will be the ones to figure out how the miracle pill is working in about 6-10 months and then start the cancer growing quickly again. So lets pray that I have dumb lymph nodes and it take a while for them to figure it all out with the workings of the drug...

I am clear to fly to the Dominican which I will this weekend and will renew my vows with my hubby on a warm sunny beach....

So my resolutions for 2014 will be:
1.I will try to keep a positive attitude this year and live every day to the fullest. 
2.I will be thankful for all things big and small the ugly and the pretty as I know there is a reason even if I cant see it. 
3.I will be grateful for every breath that I take, knowing that each one is a bonus for me.
4.I will love my husband and children more ( if possible) and try to make each moment a memory...
5.I will thank GOD EVERYDAY FOR ALL THAT HE HAS DONE AND ALL THAT HE WILL DO WITH ME IN THE NEXT YEAR..
6.I will be thankful everyday for you my friends and family that keep me up in prayer...

I love you all and now go spread the bad news Hope Stone is here for another 10 months to be in your lives someway or another......

No comments:

Post a Comment